Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, Vietnam, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com/en/.
Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the Kingston DataTraveler Workspace USB Flash drive. DataTraveler Workspace is certified for Windows To Go, a key feature of Windows 81 Enterprise. DataTraveler Workspace enables enterprises to provision a corporate desktop on an external USB drive, thus allowing users to boot and operate Windows 8 from portable devices. This new drive is a unique external USB 3.0 device that is capable of SSD-like performance.
More about the news
DataTraveler Workspace is made specifically for organizations that want to use the new Windows To Go feature found in Windows 8 Enterprise. The drive is designed to help IT administrators support their mobile user base — from remote employees to contractors and consultants. DataTraveler Workspace helps companies and organizations meet both bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives and disaster recovery requirements.
“There’s been such a revolutionary shift in today’s workforce and by pairing our innovations, we give customers an effective alternative to safely and efficiently access the corporate network regardless of where they are in the world,” said Karri Alexion-Tiernan, Director of Product Marketing, Windows Enterprise, Microsoft. “With Kingston’s DataTraveler Workspace, customers will be able to deliver a great experience when running Windows 8 from a USB drive.”
“Over the past year, we’ve worked diligently with Microsoft to develop a USB Flash drive that met the requirements of Windows To Go, as well as provide the performance, flexibility and durability that our customers know us for,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “We will continue to deliver innovations as the marketplace evolves and are delighted to be one of the select manufacturers to deliver a certified for Windows To Go USB Flash drive.”
Features and Specifications
- Certified for Windows To Go: administrators can easily deploy a bootable corporate workspace on a specially configured portable USB drive
- USB 3.0 SSD: capitalizes on USB 3.0 specifications by incorporating SSD controller technology in order to achieve high random read/write performance and low latencies
- Fixed drive: not designed for data storage
- Easy to use: enables users to boot and operate from multiple PCs
- Security enhanced: supports BitLocker for data encryption and Trusted Boot for protecting boot process and anti-malware software
- Resilient: to accidental removal so the workspace can resume if the drive is plugged back in within 60 seconds
- Compatible: with PCs certified for use with Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating systems
- Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0 to fit more systems while optimizing performance
- Guaranteed: two-year warranty meets lifetime expectations in typical workloads; free technical support
- Reliable: 25 years of experience makes Kingston the most trusted name in memory with high-quality components and rigorous testing procedures
- Capacities: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB* (*build to order)
- Max Sequential Read/Write speeds: 250/250 MB/s
- Sustained Random 4k Read/Write: 3,750/9,800 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 22,250
- Supports TRIM and S.M.A.R.T commands
- Dimensions: 75.29mm x 22.98mm x 16.44mm