Without question, computers are more than essential technology – they have become integral to our lives. Computers do more than make living easier; they often define the functionality and design of our offices, our homes, ourselves.
The products we choose represent how we want to describe the world around us, and how we want others to describe us. Many of us are drawn to designs from Scandinavia, which are organized, clean and functional while remaining stylish, sleek and elegant. We like these designs because they harmonize with their surroundings and become nearly transparent. Brands like Georg Jensen, Bang Olufsen, Skagen Watches and Ikea are just a few that represent this Scandinavian style and efficiency. In the world of computers components there is only one name you should know, Fractal Design.
For more information and product specifications, visit www.fractal-design.com
Fractal Design builds on the success of its awarding-winning Define XL computer case with the Define XL R2. This updated chassis carries on the family tradition of providing superb cooling and ventilation capabilities with exceptional expandability, in a sleek and stylish Scandinavian form.
Details about the News
The Define XL R2, which includes Fractal Design’s innovative ModuVent™ feature, has an updated internal layout that offers greater expandability, modularity and flexibility, including capacity for 9 PCI cards and two HDD cages that can be repositioned to provide more space for water cooling radiators.
- High density noise-reducing material for an optimal silent case – To achieve a high level of noise reduction, material with mass should be incorporated which is what we strive to achieve with the dense bitumen used on the side panels.
- Patented ModuVent™ design allowing the user to choose between optimal silence or maximum airflow.
- With a new internal layout and additional PCI expansion slots, it can harbor the most powerful enthusiast systems.
- Both HDD cages can be removed or repositioned – Top HDD cage can be removed or repositioned for increased airflow whereas bottom HDD cage can be repositioned further into the case to allow for front radiator mount.
- The case can fit water cooling equipment in the front, top, rear and bottom without major modifications.
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans
- Three Silent Series R2 fans are included, featuring hydraulic bearings which contribute to a longer life expectancy – Silent Series R2 retail fans now come standard in all cases
- New tool-less front fan holder makes switching front fans a breeze