There is no denying that a good gaming monitor can make all the difference in your gaming experience. So, what is the best size for a gaming monitor? Some gamers might prefer a smaller monitor for ease of transport and setup, while others might prefer a larger monitor for an immersive gaming experience. In this blog post, we will explore the pros and cons of each size and help you decide which is best for you. Happy gaming!
- Top 8 Best 49 Inch Monitor – You Can Not Miss This!
- What Is A Best Vertical Monitor
- #10 Best Camera For Podcasting Review
What is monitor size for gaming?
The perfect gaming monitor is one that offers a high refresh rate, HDR and G-Sync compatibility. The 24 – 27-inch size with at least 1080P resolution will make your games come to life in an entirely new way! Professional gamers recommend using a 27″ monitor with at least 240Hz refresh rates for competitive gaming.
Top 7 best monitor size for gaming
1/ ASUS ROG Strix 17.3″ 1080P Portable Gaming Monitor (XG17AHPE)
The ASUS ROG Strix XG17AHPE portable gaming monitor is the perfect choice for you. This 17.3” Full HD IPS panel can hit up to 240Hz refresh-rate for a smooth gaming experience. Plus, its hybrid-signal USB-C and micro-HDMI ports provide a variety of connectivity options for all your electronic devices. So whether you’re at home or on the road, you can always enjoy your favorite games.
Refresh Rate: 240 Hz
Screen Size: 17.3 Inches
Specific Uses For Product: Gaming
Special Feature: Portable, EYE care, Flicker-Free
– Get smooth visuals with 240Hz refresh rate and 3ms response time.
– Enjoy viewing from any angle with 178° wide-viewing angle.
– Connect your devices with ease.
– No more tearing or stuttering, for a smooth gaming experience.
– The viewing area is large and adjustable, so you can find the perfect position.
-This display is dim and looks especially dim when used alongside a modern display.
2/ ASUS ROG Swift 27” 1440P Gaming Monitor (PG279QM)
ASUS ROG Swift 27″ 1440P Gaming Monitor is the perfect choice for fast-paced action games. This 27-inch 1440P display features a Fast IPS panel with up to a 240Hz refresh rate, 1ms gray-to-gray (GTG) response time, and NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer, a revolutionary integrated system latency measurement tool. Rog Swift PG279QM provides an incredibly smooth and responsive gaming experience that will give you the edge over your opponents.
Refresh Rate: 240 Hz
Screen Size: 27 Inches
Specific Uses For Product: Personal, Gaming, Business
Special Feature: Height Adjustment, Pivot Adjustment, Blue Light Filter, Swivel Adjustment, Tilt Adjustment
– Get a smooth, responsive game play with virtually no input lag.
– Enjoy vivid colors and clarity in every image.
– Enjoy gaming at refresh rates up to 240Hz.
– Get a more accurate measure of your latency.
– Enjoy faster frame rates and less lag time.
-The monitor is good but the bracket that was supposed to fit it does not.
3/ ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM 24.5” Monitor
This 24.5” monitor features Fast IPS technology, allowing for a 1ms response time and sharp visuals at a 280Hz refresh rate (overclocked). With ASUS-Exclusive ELMB Sync Technology, you can enjoy a super-smooth gameplay without any motion blur. Plus, the adaptive-sync technology ensures that your gameplay is always tear-free. So, if you’re looking for a monitor that can give you the competitive edge, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM is the perfect choice.
Refresh Rate: 280 Hz
Screen Size: 24.5 Inches
Screen Surface Description: Flat
Specific Uses For Product: Personal, Gaming, Business
– Fast response time of 1ms (GTG) eliminates ghosting and tracers for more fluid gameplay.
– AMD FreeSync™ technology provides smooth gaming experience with no stuttering, tearing or input lag.
– Ultra-fast refresh rate of 280Hz allows you to see even the slightest details during fast paced games.
– Synchronizes the display’s refresh rate to the GPU to eliminate image tearing and deliver a smooth gaming experience.
– HDR content looks better than ever.
– Colors are more accurate and realistic.
-The viewing angles of the monitor are not the best, but the design and quality are great for the price.
4/ LG 42-Inch Class OLED evo C2 Series Alexa Built-in 4K Smart TV
If you’re looking for the best large-screen gaming monitor, look no further than the LG 42 C2 OLED. This top-of-the-line TV is specifically designed for gamers, and it delivers an unbeatable gaming experience. The OLED panel ensures smooth motion with no blur behind fast-moving objects. Plus, it supports FreeSync, G-SYNC, and HDMI Forum VRR technology to reduce screen tearing in games. And with four HDMI 2.1 ports, you can connect multiple new consoles and enjoy 4k @ 120Hz gaming from all of them. Whether you’re a hardcore gamer or just looking for the best possible gaming experience, the LG 42 C2 OLED is the perfect choice.
Refresh Rate: 120 Hz
Screen Size: 42
Special Feature: Pixel Level Dimming; Intense Color; Billion Rich Colors; Cinema HDR; Google STADIA; NVIDIA GEFORCE NOW; Wide Viewing Angle; Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro; Room to Room Share
Supported Internet Services: Netflix, HBO Max, Prime Video, Apple TV, Disney+ and more
Connectivity Technology: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet
Display Technology: OLED
Model Name: C2
– Control your TV and connected devices with your voice.
– Easily find what you want to watch with voice search.
– Get the most beautiful picture quality you’ve ever seen.
– Picture and sound quality will be automatically improved.
– Processor is exclusive to LG OLED TVs.
-The power cord for the TV is permanently attached and can be a tripping hazard.
5/ SAMSUNG Odyssey G7 Series 32-Inch WQHD (2560×1440) Gaming Monitor
Introducing the Samsung Odyssey G7 series 32-inch gaming monitor. This monitor features a 240Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, G-Sync and FreeSync Premium Pro support, and Infinity Core lighting for the ultimate gaming experience. The 1000R curved screen matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain. With WQHD resolution, your gaming world will come to life like never before. Whether you’re a casual gamer or a pro, this monitor is sure to take your gaming to the next level.
SAMSUNG’s Odyssey G7 series is a top-of-the-line gaming monitor that gives you a competitive edge. It features a massive 32-inch screen with WQHD (2560×1440) resolution and 1.7 times the pixel density of Full HD. Alongside incredible detail, this monitor also has NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync Premium Pro support to match every frame from your graphics card. Plus, with Samsung Odyssey G7’s lightning-fast 1ms response time, you can be sure that you are receiving information as fast as possible. And thanks to cutting edge QLED technology, you’ll enjoy pixel-perfect picture quality every time. Utilizing Quantum Dot technology, Samsung QLED creates more vivid colors with 125% more color space compared to sRGB, ensuring the highest class of color reproduction. HDR 600 brings incredible depths to the worlds you choose to explore, while AMD FreeSync 2 HDR Technology enables tear-free and stutter-free gaming experiences. for even more immersive gameplay. The Odyssey G7 also features a rapid refresh rate of up to 240Hz, making it the perfect choice for competitive gamers who demand the very best.
Refresh Rate: 120 Hz
Screen Size: 31.5 Inches
Screen Surface Description: Curved
Total HDMI Ports: 1
– You’ll feel like you’re in the game.
– No more eye strain.
– 1. 7 times the pixel density of Full HD for incredibly detailed images.
– View your gaming world in a whole new light.
– Your graphics will always be smooth.
-The viewing angles are worse because of the curve.
6/ SAMSUNG 49″ Odyssey Neo G9 G95NA Gaming Monitor
Introducing the SAMSUNG 49″ Odyssey Neo G9 G95NA Gaming Monitor. This monitor is designed for the ultimate gaming experience, wrapping around your field of view for an immersive experience. With a Quantum Matrix HDR 2000 panel, 240hz refresh rate, G-Sync and FreeSync Premium Pro support, 1ms response rates, and fully customizable Odyssey Infinity Core lighting, this monitor lets you lose yourself in whatever world you choose to call home. SAMSUNG’s latest Odyssey Neo gaming monitor is one of the company’s biggest and most immersive gaming monitors yet.
With a Quantum Mini LED display, next-generation depth is achieved for exceptional picture quality. The 1000R curvature of the screen is inspired by the human eye and reduces potential eye strain by up to 87%. The 49″ screen also has a wide 32:9 aspect ratio for an immersive gaming experience. Additionally, Samsung’s CoreSync lighting system ensures an optimal and synchronized gaming experience. With PBP, you can experience a more encompassing view of all the action. Game and watch simultaneously with our multiple voltage compatible product that works in 100-240 volts!
Refresh Rate: 240 Hz
Screen Size: 49 Inches
Screen Surface Description: Curved
Total HDMI Ports: 2
– The curve of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain.
– Screen space of dual 27” panels.
– Never miss a frame, for a smoother gaming experience.
– Faster response time for work or entertainment
– Enjoy your favorite shows, movies, and games without any blurring or ghosting
-Sometimes when the computer audio doesn’t come through the speakers, turning it off and on again fixes the issue.
7/ Alienware 360Hz Gaming Monitor 24.5 Inch FHD (Full HD 1920 x 1080p)
Introducing the Alienware 360Hz Gaming Monitor. This monitor is engineered with a 24.5-inch FHD (1920 x 1080p) display, making it perfect for immersive gaming. The NVIDIA G-SYNC certification allows for a smooth, tear-free experience while gaming. Additionally, the 360Hz refresh rate and 1ms GtG response time eliminates motion blur and allows for fast-moving visuals to be seen with incredible clarity. Whether you’re playing the latest FPS or racing game, the Alienware 360Hz Gaming Monitor is sure to provide an immersive and exciting gaming experience. With its fast IPS technology and 99% sRGB coverage, this monitor delivers stunning image clarity and a wide array of colors. Plus, the AlienFX customizable lighting lets you set the mood with the Alienware head logo, continuous light strip on the stand, Downlight, and power button as 4 customizable zones with full RGB value.
Refresh Rate: 360 Hz
Screen Size: 24.5 Inches
Screen Surface Description: Matte
Specific Uses For Product: Multimedia, Gaming, Business
– Stunning image quality.
– Brilliant performance.
– Crisp, clear images for an immersive gaming experience.
– AMD FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering for a smooth gaming experience.
– You’ll be able to see fast-moving visuals with incredible clarity.
-It was heavy.
Factor to consider before buying buy monitor size for gaming:
The refresh rate is one of the most important features to look for when selecting a new gaming monitor. It directly affects how fast images appear on screen and can make all the difference between being able-to spot an enemy before he gets too close, or if your aim was off target because this took too long.
When you play games, the faster your monitor’s refresh rate is (measured in hertz or Hz), it will feel more real to game players. The higher response times on these screens allow them not just to see but also respond quickly enough during gameplay for everything that happens around their virtual worlds come alive with fluidity and precision!
Competitive gamers have found that they can get an advantage over their opponents by using monitors with higher refresh rates.
HDR is a technology that can enable your gaming monitor to display colors and contrasts more vividly. It requires other components, like computer graphics cards or operating systems for example, these are necessary but not sufficient alone in order achieve the full potential of HDR compatibility (which also involves games being fully synchronized). The only way you’ll know if an image has been displayed under these conditions would be through checking whether there’s shadow detail left behind when lit by bright lights despite having no neighboring pixels dark enough nearby at all costs!
It’s easy to get confused between screen size and resolution.
The larger the screen, the worse your picture will be. This is because most televisions don’t produce good images and can only serve as a monitor for you television set instead of being useful in everyday life like it should have been designed to do so!
If you want the best possible picture on your monitor, then go for a gaming model. These screens have higher resolutions and thus provide sharper images with incredibly detailed features that will make even old videos look new again!
The differences in screen resolutions can be seen as vast and varying, with the most common being 1080P to 2K. These preferences are likely due amongst pro gamers who desire high-quality visuals for their games on any device they play them on.
The higher your screen resolution, the lower frame rate. So, you need to find a balance between both for optimal performance and avoid sacrificing speed or vice versa!
Types of Monitors:
TN (Twisted Nematic): Perfect for fast – paced gaming with its low response time and high refresh rate. Amongst the most popular types, but also has some drawbacks like narrow viewing angles
IPS (In – Plane Switching): Wider viewing angles and accurate colors, but IPS panels tend to have higher response times than TNs.
VA (Vertical Alignment): A happy medium between TN and IPS panels. It has better color reproduction than TNs and lower response times than IPS screens. However, VA panels may suffer from ghosting issues.
OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode): The newest technology in monitors. They offer better contrast ratios, wider viewing angles, and faster response times than any other type of panel on the market. However, they are also the most expensive.
Curved: The shape of the monitor can also be a factor to consider. Curved screens provide a more immersive experience, but some gamers find them distracting.
Monitors come with all sorts of different connection options, and you may need one that can do more than just display video. If your gaming PC has an HDMI output but not enough ports on its own monitor for everything else (including console connectivity), consider buying a separate graphics card as well!
There are a few different types of monitors that you can buy, but they all have pros and cons. For instance, curved screens provide more space for your gaming desk while still giving the feeling like there’s not too much room on top which may be great if limited by available desktop real estate or just enjoy looking at things from an unconventional perspective!
Mounting your monitor to the wall can be a great way if you don’t have an adjustable standing desk. An ultrawide screen that goes farther than most standard desks is perfect for this type of setup and will give more room on both sides while still being able to use it at home or in work without needing any extra space cleared away from around their regular workspace!
The dream of a life with unlimited funds is becoming more and more attainable. With the introduction of advanced technology, we can now purchase top-of-the line monitors for our home or office at an affordable price point that was never possible without sacrificing quality in any way! Luckily, there are plenty of options for making your dream computer within the boundaries you set. You just need to know where and how much it will cost! There are so many good options out there for virtually any budget, you’re sure to find something that will work.
If you plan on moving your monitor around a lot, weight might be important to you. Heavier monitors are generally more expensive and have better picture quality, but they’re also a pain to lug around. Lighter monitors are usually less expensive and don’t have as good of a picture, but they’re much easier to take with you if you need to!
Widescreen monitors are all the rage these days. They provide a wider field of view for gaming and movie watching, and many come equipped with built-in speakers for an immersive experience. If you’re looking for a monitor that will do it all, a widescreen model is probably your best bet!
Most monitors come with a stand that allows you to adjust the angle and height of the screen. If you’re looking for a more ergonomic setup, or if you just want to save space on your desk, look for a monitor that has an adjustable stand!
A VESA mount is a type of brackets that allows you to attach your monitor to a wall or another piece of furniture. This can be a great way to save desk space, or to create a more immersive gaming experience. If you’re interested in mounting your monitor, make sure it has a VESA mount!
HDMI is the most popular input for monitors. It provides high-definition video and audio and is compatible with most gaming consoles and PCs. If you’re looking for the best possible gaming experience, make sure your monitor has an HDMI input!
DisplayPort is a newer standard that is becoming more popular for monitors. It provides high-definition video and audio and is compatible with most gaming consoles and PCs. If you’re looking for the best possible gaming experience, make sure your monitor has a DisplayPort input!
USB ports are becoming more common on monitors. They allow you to connect other devices, such as a webcam or a mouse, to your monitor. If you want the ability to use your monitor for more than just gaming, make sure it has a USB port!
DVI is an older standard that is still used by some monitors. It provides high definition video but is not compatible with all gaming consoles and PCs. If you’re looking for the best possible gaming experience, make sure your monitor has a DVI input!
Component inputs are used by some monitors. They provide high-definition video but are not compatible with all gaming consoles and PCs. If you’re looking for the best possible gaming experience, make sure your monitor has a component input!
Composite inputs are used by some monitors. They provide standard definition video and are compatible with most gaming consoles and PCs. If you’re looking for a more affordable option, or if you don’t need the absolute best picture quality, a composite input might be right for you!
Ease of use:
The best monitors are easy to set up and use. They have clear instructions and are simple to operate. If you’re looking for a monitor that is user-friendly, make sure it is easy to set up and use!
The best monitors have a sleek, modern design. They look great on your desk and won’t take up too much space. If you’re looking for a monitor that has a stylish design, make sure it is slim and trendy!
The best monitors come in a variety of styles to suit your needs. If you’re looking for a monitor that has a specific style, make sure it is available in the style you want!
The best monitors are made from high-quality materials. They are durable and will last for years. If you’re looking for a monitor that is built to last, make sure it is made from high-quality materials!
The best monitors come with a warranty. This ensures that if anything goes wrong, you can get a replacement or a refund. If you’re looking for a monitor that has a warranty, make sure it is covered by the manufacturer!
The best monitors have great customer service. If you have any issues, they will be quick to help you out. If you’re looking for a monitor that has great customer service, make sure the manufacturer is responsive and helpful!
The best monitors come with a variety of accessories. This allows you to customize your setup and get the most out of your monitor. If you’re looking for a monitor that has a variety of accessories, make sure it comes with everything you need!
Benefits of using monitor size for gaming:
- Improved gaming experience: A larger monitor size will give you a better gaming experience. You’ll be able to see more of the game and have a better view of your opponents.
- Better immersion: A larger monitor size will also provide a more immersive gaming experience. You’ll feel like you’re really in the game and it will be more exciting to play!
- More screen real estate: With a larger monitor, you’ll have more screen real estate to work with. This means you can have multiple windows open at the same time or play games at higher resolutions.
- Easier on the eyes: A larger monitor size is easier on the eyes. This is because there is less eye strain when you’re looking at a larger area.
- Better for multiple players: If you’re playing games with multiple players, a larger monitor size is better. This is because each player will have their own screen and there won’t be any crosstalk between players.
- More ports: A larger monitor size usually means more ports. This means you’ll be able to connect more devices to your monitor, such as a gaming console, a computer, or a TV.
- Better resale value: If you ever decide to sell your monitor, a larger size will have a better resale value. This is because there is more demand for larger monitors, and they hold their value better than smaller monitors.
Common mistakes made while using monitor size for gaming:
- Not getting the right size: The most common mistake people make is not getting the right size monitor for their needs. If you’re only going to be using it for gaming, then you don’t need a huge monitor. A smaller monitor will do just fine.
- Not considering other uses: If you’re only going to be using your monitor for gaming, you might not consider other uses. However, if you’re planning on using it for other things, such as watching movies or working on a computer, then you’ll need a larger monitor.
- Not knowing the specs: Another common mistake is not knowing the specifications of the monitor. Make sure you know the resolution, refresh rate, and other specs before you buy.
- Not testing it out: Before you buy a monitor, be sure to test it out. This way, you can make sure it meets your needs and that you’re happy with it.
- Not considering the price: The final mistake is not considering the price. Don’t just buy the first monitor you see; make sure you compare prices and get the best value for your money.
Tips on Maintenance of monitor size for gaming:
- Keep it clean: The first tip is to keep your monitor clean. Dust and fingerprints can build up over time and make it difficult to see the screen. Use a soft, dry cloth to dust off your monitor regularly.
- Avoid direct sunlight: The second tip is to avoid putting your monitor in direct sunlight. This can cause glare and make it difficult to see the screen. If you must put your monitor in direct sunlight, be sure to use an anti-glare filter.
- Adjust the settings: The third tip is to adjust the settings on your monitor. You can usually find these in the control panel of your computer. By adjusting the brightness, contrast, and other settings, you can make it easier to see the screen.
- Get a bigger monitor: The fourth tip is to get a bigger monitor. If you’re having trouble seeing the screen, a larger monitor will be easier on your eyes.
- Take breaks: The final tip is to take breaks. If you’re staring at the screen for long periods of time, it can be hard on your eyes. Take breaks every 20 minutes or so to give your eyes a rest.
FAQs about best monitor size for gaming
How much do gaming monitors cost?
Whether you’re looking for the best gaming monitor under $200 or one that will last even high-end gamers through years of use, we’ve got just what you need. We range our top picks from around 400 dollars all the way up to 2k!
What is the best monitor size for gaming?
The best monitor size for gaming depends on your needs. If you only need a basic monitor for gaming, then a smaller size will suffice. However, if you need a more powerful monitor for gaming and other uses, then a larger size is better.
What is the difference between a gaming monitor and a regular monitor?
A gaming monitor typically has a higher resolution, refresh rate, and other features that make it better suited for gaming. A regular monitor is not as powerful and may not have all the features that a gaming monitor has.
How to avoid making these mistakes?
- Do your research: Before you buy a monitor, do your research, and make sure you know what you need. Consider all the factors we’ve mentioned above and find the perfect size for your needs.
- Read reviews: Another great way to avoid making mistakes is to read reviews. This way, you can see what other people have to say about a particular monitor and make an informed decision.
- Test it out: As we mentioned above, be sure to test out the monitor before you buy it. This way, you can be sure it meets your needs and that you’re happy with it.
- Compare prices: Finally, don’t just buy the first monitor you see. Compare prices and make sure you’re getting the best value for your money.
- Ask for help: If you’re still not sure what monitor to get, ask for help from a friend or family member who is familiar with monitors. They’ll be able to give you some great advice and help you make the right decision.
How high should I have my gaming monitor?
When you are sitting up straight and staring at the monitor, your head should be in a position where it can see all its own screen without having to twist or angle yourself.
If you’re looking for more control over your monitor’s position, an adjustable stand may be the perfect solution. With these stands there are a variety of angles and heights available to suit any need – whether it is adjusting something simple like horizontal tilt or vertical angle; making sure that height is just right without being too low (which can cause neck strain); even providing wrists-level access by rotating forward slightly so they rest beside one another on top of desk!
Can you use a gaming monitor with a laptop?
There are many different types of ports on a laptop, but the most common ones include an HDMI and DisplayPort. If these don’t work for your needs, then there’s always USB hubs with built-in screen outputs!
Can you use a gaming monitor as a TV?
Yes. If you want to watch TV on your computer’s monitor without having an additional screen, there are some steps that will help. For many models though it isn’t as easy just plugging in the cable box and turning everything into a set top box like we used to back when video games were first introduced!
The pros and cons of monitor size for gaming:
monitor size for gaming pros:
- More immersive experience.
- Higher resolution for more detailed graphics.
- Larger screen for easier viewing.
- Can be used as a TV.
monitor size for gaming cons:
- More expensive than smaller monitors.
- Requires more space on your desk or in your room.
- Can be difficult to find the perfect position for optimal viewing.
- May cause neck strain if not positioned properly.
Conclusion – best monitor size for gaming
So, what is the best monitor size for gaming? Ultimately, it depends on your preferences and setup. If you have a large desk and plenty of space to spare, a larger monitor may be perfect for you. If you’re cramped for space or prefer a more compact setup, a smaller monitor may be better. And don’t forget that resolution matters too – if you want the best gaming experience, go for the highest possible resolution your budget will allow. We hope this article has helped you decide which monitor size is right for you and given you some ideas on how to get the most out of your gaming experience. Are there any other questions we can help answer? Let us know in the comments below.