Using the phone for a long time, your contacts become too cluttered, there are people who never contact, so they want to delete and rearrange relationships. In the article below, Quantrimang will show you how to delete contacts on iPhone and Mac.
Delete each phone number
If you want to delete one or more contacts that are no longer in use, you can delete phone numbers one by one. If iCloud backup is enabled, simply deleting a contact on one device will also delete other devices connected to the same account.
How to delete phone numbers on iPhone
- Open the app Contacts. Drag and select the contact you want to delete.
- Choose Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list. Choose Delete Contact.
- Press Delete Contacts To confirm.
How to delete contacts on Mac
- Open the app Contacts. Scroll down and select the contact you want to delete.
- Right-click the contact name and select Delete Card. Press Delete To confirm.
- Alternatively, you can select a contact and press the . key Delete on the keyboard. Choose Delete To confirm.
If the contact is sorted in a group, you can delete the whole group through the app Contacts on Mac. If this group is used as a Smart Group, you will have to edit Smart Group to delete the relevant phone numbers or delete Smart Group first, then delete the group.
How to delete contacts from iCloud
- Open iCloud.com on the Web. Log into Apple ID.
- Open Contacts.
- Select the contact you want to delete.
- Choose Edit > Delete Contact > Delete.
- Also can select a phone number, press the . key Delete on the keyboard then select Delete on the screen.
Delete all contacts
If you want to delete all contacts in your contacts, it’s also very easy. This method is often used with short lists, without having to delete each phone number one by one.
However, things are also quite complicated because a lot of contacts are saved in cloud storage services including iCloud, Google, Yahoo and others. In the case of non-Apple contact lists, you cannot remove individual phone numbers from the device without interacting with the device directly.
Remember, when using iCloud and other cloud storage services, you may not necessarily delete all of your contacts, check on other devices.
How to delete all iCloud contacts on iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Choose Your Name, Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases.
- Choose icloud.
- Turn off Contacts.
- When asked what to do with contacts that were previously backed up in iCloud, press Delete from My iPhone.
How to turn off external contacts on iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Choose Contacts.
- Press Accounts.
- Select the account for which you want to disable all contact access.
- Press off Contacts.
- If asked if you want to continue, select Delete from My iPhone.
Delete all contacts in iCloud on Mac
- Open Contacts.
- Select the first phone number, hold the . key Shift and scroll to the bottom of the list. Select the last contact to bookmark the entire list.
- You can also black out the whole list by clicking on a phone number, selecting Edit > Select All.
- Right click and select Delete Cards. Choose Delete To confirm.
- Or after selecting all the phone numbers, press the . key Delete on the keyboard and select Delete To confirm.
How to turn off third-party contacts on Mac
- Open the app Contacts.
- In the menu, select Contacts > Preferences.
- In the new window, select tab Accounts.
- Click on each contact and uncheck the box Enable this account.
Source link: How to delete phone numbers on iPhone and Mac