In the list of essential plugins that should be installed, JetPack must say is always the first choice because of its powerful and diverse features. This is also one of the most used plugins made by Automattic itself. The features in JetPack also have a lot of things taken from the WordPress.Com service, so this is the solution for those who want to add those features to your self-hosted WordPress website.
JetPack needs to connect to wordpress.com so you need to have an account at wordpress.com. And you cannot use JetPack on localhost.
JetPack is a plugin that gathers many features to improve your blog, but that does not mean that the functions will be activated but you can turn it on or off if you want to use it, otherwise it is not too heavy.
JetPack’s functions include:
- Manage multiple WordPress websites at once from the WordPress.Com service.
- Statistics of visits per day.
- Edit CSS with Custom CSS.
- Log in to the website with your wordpress.com account.
- Manage authentication with Google Webmaster Tools.
- Related posts feature.
- Write content in Markdown language.
- Use WordPress.com CDN for images via Photon to save bandwidth and speed up.
- InfiniteScroll – download the next article by sliding to the bottom of the website.
- Customize widget display through different pages.
- Add JSON API to the website.
- Feature Like posts, not Facebook Like.
- Automatically share articles on social networks with Publicize.
- Receive notifications related to website activity.
- Replace the comment box with JetPack’s comment box, allowing you to log in with a social network account to comment.
- Allow guests to receive new articles via Email with Subscriptions.
- Present beautiful images with Carousel.
- Improved email posting feature.
- Insert social sharing buttons.
- Spell check the article.
- View detailed information about Gravatar when hovering over their avatar.
- Create contact form.
- Tiled Gallery – create a gallery that displays beautiful images.
- Share the article using a shortlink from wp.me.
- Unique interface when accessing the website by phone.
- Type the math formula.
- Add some widgets.
You can see details about JetPack’s features here.
Install JetPack plugin
Installing the JetPack plugin is also simple, you go to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New and find the plugin named JetPack by WordPress.com. Then press install and activate.
Once activated, press the . button Connect to WordPress.com in the notification bar to proceed to connect your website to your wordpress.com account.
Sign in and connect successfully, press the . button Activate Now to activate.
[pull_quote_center]Make sure your website is hosted on the host, and not blocked from outside. If you can’t connect, try contacting your hosting provider or install a plugin Slim JetPack but the feature is not very complete.[/pull_quote_center]
Activate JetPack features
As I said at the beginning of the article, JetPack is a collection of dozens of functions, but basically you will only need to turn on the ones you need to use to avoid heavier websites. By default, when installing JetPack, it will turn off some functions, so you have to turn it on if you want to use it.
To turn on the necessary functions, you access Dashboard -> JetPack -> Settings and select the functions that have not been bolded with the green background and press the Activate button.
That’s it, now you can start using the functions you need. Each feature when activated has the word Configure to set it up, so clicking on it will bring up the page to set up each feature.
Source: How to install the JetPack plugin