WiFi QR Codes are a convenient way to share WiFi network credentials with others without having to type in passwords. By simply scanning the QR code with the Camera app on your phone, you can connect to a WiFi network quickly and easily. In this article, GhienCongListen will show you how to scan WiFi QR codes on popular phones like iPhone, Android, Samsung, Oppo and Xiaomi.
How to scan WiFi QR code with phone
Depending on your phone type and operating system, you may have different ways to scan WiFi QR codes. Here are some specific instructions for each popular phone line today.
How to scan WiFi QR code on iPhone
For iPhones and iPads running iOS 11 or later, to scan WiFi QR codes on iPhone, simply use the Camera app available on iOS.
Then bring the camera lens in front of the QR code that is being pasted on the wall, table or displayed on another phone screen and keep it in the frame for about 1-3 seconds.
When it recognizes the QR code, the iPhone will send a notification, click on the notification to join that WiFi network. Finally click on the . button Connect.
If no message appears when you scan the QR code, go to Setting > Camera > Enable feature Scan QR code.
To see pictures and detailed instructions, click on this article on how to scan WiFi QR codes on iPhone that we have shared before.
How to scan WiFi QR codes on Android 10 and above
For phones running Android 10 and up, you can scan WiFi QR codes using the QR scanning feature available in WiFi settings or the Camera app. Following are the detailed steps to scan WiFi QR code on Android:
- Go to the app Setting on your Android phone and select WIFI.
- Scroll to the bottom of your list of saved Wi-Fi passwords.
- Tap the QR code icon on the right to add WiFi.
- Then bring the camera close to the QR code to scan and tap Connect when the message appears.
Alternatively, you can also use the Google Lens feature in the Google app to scan WiFi QR codes on Android phones:
- Open the Google app on your Android phone.
- Tap the square icon with a small dot in the middle next to the search bar to enter Google Lens.
- Now, take the camera to capture the WiFi QR code.
- When the network’s name appears below the QR code, tap Join Network to join that WiFi network.
How to scan WiFi QR codes on other popular phones
In addition to iPhone and Android, you can also scan WiFi QR codes on other popular phones like Samsung and Xiaomi. The steps to scan WiFi QR codes on these phones are similar to those on Android.
You can use the QR scanning feature available in the WiFi settings or the Camera app to scan the QR code.
- For Xiaomi: Use the app Scanner found in the list of pre-installed applications on Xiaomi phones or you can use the Default Camera to scan the WiFi QR code similar to the instructions above.
- For Samsung: The QR code scanning feature is integrated in the Samsung Internet Browser application pre-installed on its phones. Open Samsung Internet Browser and then click on the QR icon in the search bar to scan the WiFi QR code.
Note when using WiFi QR code
When using WiFi QR codes to connect to the network, you need to be aware of security issues. Don’t share the WiFi QR code with untrusted people and stick the QR code only in safe places. In addition, you should also regularly change your WiFi password to ensure the safety of your network.
More specifically, you need to be aware of the following security issues:
- Share WiFi QR codes only with trusted people: Don’t share WiFi QR codes with untrusted people or people you don’t want them to access your home network.
- Paste QR codes in safe places: Post QR codes in places that only trusted guests can see. Avoid pasting QR codes in public places or easily seen by strangers.
- Change WiFi Password Regularly: To ensure the safety of your network, you should change your WiFi password regularly. When changing your password, don’t forget to regenerate a new QR code to share with others.
- Use strong encryption: When generating a WiFi QR code, choose a strong encryption method like WPA2 to protect your network.
If you follow the above notes, it will become safer to use WiFi QR codes to share WiFi network credentials.
Through this article, we have shown you how to scan and generate WiFi QR codes on popular phones. Using WiFi QR codes helps you connect to the network quickly and conveniently without having to type a password. Hopefully the information in this article will help you in using WiFi QR codes.
If you have any questions or suggestions for this article, please leave a comment below, GhienCongListen will rely on it to continuously improve the quality of better content for the community.
Source: How to scan WiFi QR codes on popular phones today