iOS 15 adds a new feature to the Find My app with the ability to alert you whenever you forget your iPhone or other Apple devices.
Called “Forgotten Alerts,” Find My’s new feature sends an alert every time you leave your item in an unfamiliar place. It has the ability to set up your home as a trusted address where you can leave items in a certain room. However, before that you need to add the home address to the system setup.
Here are the steps to enable the “Alert when forgotten” feature:
1. Run open the application Find My on iPhone.
2. Select card Devices or Items (Device or Item). Select the device for which you want to turn on the forgotten alert.
3. Click Notify When Left Behind (Notify when left behind).
4. Flip the switch to turn on the feature Notify When Left Behind (Notify when left behind).
5. You can set up a safe location where if you are away from your device it will not send notifications. In the section Notify Me, Except At you choose New Location (A new location).
6. In the screen Add Location (Add location) you can search or enter the address in the input box. You can also set the safe radius of the location by dragging the green circle or using the three buttons Small (Small), Medium (Middle .) vase) or Large (Large) under. Press Done (Done) when you’re done.
7. You can add location or press Done to finish the installation.
Now, every time you forget your AirTags or Apple devices you will get a notification. This feature is very useful when you are traveling.
However, you should keep in mind that this feature will be useless if you forget your iPhone or Apple Watch. There is currently no reverse notification on AirTags if you forget your iPhone or Apple Watch. There are also some other requirements such as:
- iPhone must run iOS 15
- Apple Watch must run watchOS 8
- iPad must run iPadOS 15
- iMac, MacBoo, Mac, or Mac mini must be running macOS Monterey
Source link: How to set up forgotten Apple device alert on iOS 15