Telegram is one of the most used and appreciated messaging apps in the world. It is extremely flexible, secure, and equipped with a number of unique features, allowing you to send photos, videos and documents. But accidentally you or the sender accidentally deleted some chats. You want recover deleted messages on Telegram because you realize that conversation is important. Because of that reason GhienCongListen This issue will be answered in the following article.
Is it really possible to recover deleted messages on Telegram?
Unlike WhatsApp, Telegram does not have backups on mobile devices. You can only export data to Word files if you use Telegram on your computer and have regular manual backups. But this is not the way to recover deleted messages on Telegram. Telegram messages are stored on their server, when you delete a message on the application, it also means that the message has been deleted on Telegram’s archive.
There is no real official way to recover deleted messages on Telegram. But there are several solutions you can try to get back the important information in that message.
Recover deleted messages on Telegram after 5 fateful seconds
Telegram has added a feature that allows to undo the deletion of a message as soon as the user performs the action of deleting the message. This only happens for those who delete the entire conversation by accidentally deleting the wrong message. After the 5 second countdown period ends, the message will be permanently deleted and there is no way to recover it.
Recover deleted messages on Telegram for group admins
If you are the admin of a chat group on Telegram, you can check deleted messages within 48 hours of it being deleted. Telegram provides option to do that, follow the steps below to view deleted messages from groups.
For the desktop version.
- You must be an admin of the group to view deleted messages from the group. This notification only works for 48 hours deleting messages in the group. Now open the group that you want to check for deleted messages.
- If you are using a PC, click the 3 dots in the top right corner and click the Manage group option.
- Select Recent actions to see recent group actions.
- Now you can check your deleted messages here. Messages that have been deleted within the last 48 hours will only be displayed, but you can still check the content of deleted messages from Telegram anyway.
For the mobile version
- Just click on the group logo and click the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Then select Recent Actions to see the actions that took place in the recent group.
Recover Deleted Messages on Telegram for Android Devices
If the thing you are interested in in a deleted message is a video, photo or document, you will most likely find them again even though the Telegram message has been deleted. You can follow these instructions:
- You are using Telegram on an Android device. Now open the file manager on your phone.
- Look for a folder named “Telegram”. Inside the Telegram folder, you will see another folder for different file types.
- You can open the respective folder to find out what was sent or received in Telegram messages.
- Telegram Images is a folder containing images, similarly we will have folders containing videos, audio and documents.
Good luck with the methods to recover deleted messages on Telegram that GhienCongList shared in the above article.
Readers can refer to some other Telegram-related articles below:
If you find the article useful, please leave Like & Share as well as leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions. Thanks for watching.
Refer to BeTechWise
Source: Is it possible to recover deleted messages on Telegram? The answer will surprise you