Secret chat on Messenger allows you to chat in an encrypted space where only two people can read the message, no one, not even Facebook, can know the content of the conversation. It’s convenient and safe, isn’t it? GhienCongListen Share details about this feature on Messenger for readers right here.
What is a secret conversation on Messenger?
As the name implies, Secret Conversation protects your chats with end-to-end encryption. That means other than you two, Facebook or a third party cannot know the content of the story. This feature was once a highlight of Snapchat, an application that Facebook tried to acquire but failed. Mark Zuckerberg decided to add this feature to Facebook’s Messenger app.
In addition, messages from secret Messenger chats can only be viewed on a single device. Let’s say you open a secret chat on your smartphone. All messages will only be displayed on the smartphone itself. You cannot log in to another phone and view this message.
A special highlight on Secret Conversation is the automatic message cancellation feature. You have control over how long the other party can read your messages. For example, you can set a message reading time of 30 seconds, after the recipient receives your message, next to the message there will be a countdown. After the 30 seconds is up, the message will disappear on its own. Or if you don’t want to cancel the message, you can turn this feature off.
When you send a secret message to someone, they will recognize it as a secret message through the chat bubble. When a secret message is received, the chat bubble will turn black. Below the avatar will show a padlock icon and the text of a secret conversation.
How to open a secret chat on messenger
Currently Secret Conversation is only supported on the Messenger application, so users still cannot use this feature on computers. Here’s how to enable Secret Conversations on iOS and Android.
If you have not downloaded the Messenger application for your phone, please refer to the 2 links below:
How to open a secret chat on iOS
Follow these steps when you want to send a secret message on Facebook Messenger:
- From the chat window, click on the pen icon in the upper right corner.
- Click here Secret top right corner of the screen.
- Find the name of the person you want to chat with by typing in the search box. Then tap on their avatar. You will see a chat box with a padlock symbol on the avatar. You can choose how long the message will disappear after being read by the recipient. Tap the clock icon to the left of the message input box. Scroll down and tap the appropriate time.
How to open secret chat on Android
Just like on iOS devices, you can easily start a secret conversation on your Android phone.
- From the main Messenger app screen, select the pen icon in the top right corner.
- Here, toggle the toggle to turn on the secret chat icon in the top right corner.
- Find the name of the person you want to chat with, click the avatar, and then start chatting. You can also set the time when the message automatically deletes by clicking the clock icon to the left of the message input box. Scroll down and select the appropriate time period.
How to delete a secret chat on Messenger
You can delete Facebook secret chats on your device, but you can’t delete secret chats on the recipient’s device.
- Open the Facebook Messenger app and tap your profile picture.
- Click Privacy (Privacy).
- Click Secret Conversation (Secret Conversation).
- Click Delete all Secret Conversations (Delete all secret chats).
- Click Delete (Erase).
Note: you can only access a secret chat on the device on which you open the secret chat on Facebook. You can send secret chats on another device, but you won’t be able to see any previous messages.
When you sign in to Messenger on a new device, you won’t see messages from previous secret chats. You’ll get notifications in your past secret chats letting you and your chat partner know you’re using the new device. Once a device is added, you’ll see new messages in secret chats on all active devices.
Cool tricks for Messenger that you may be interested in:
Above is the information about the secret conversation on Facebook that GhienCongList wants to introduce to readers. Hope this article was useful to you. Don’t forget to click Like & Share the article to support GhienCongListen to continue sharing more useful information.
Source: Secret Conversation: what you need to know about secret conversations on Messenger