There are a number of websites that support users to download video subtitles on YouTube or in some other video sites. The subtitle file will download separately from the video, in 2 popular formats: srt and txt. Articles below GhienCongListen will guide you to read how to download subtitles on youtube videos.
1. Check subtitles in video
Before you download YouTube subtitles, make sure they are available. To do this, we check that by clicking on the settings icon and selecting subtitles, if the video has subtitles, downloading subtitles will be available or the video does not show subtitles, it means that it will not be possible. Download Youtube subtitles.
2. Copy the page URL
Select the full page URL, then right-click it and select Copy.
3. Choose a way to help you create subtitles from the following list
The following ways GhienCongListen has selected the best services, programs and tips for getting subtitles on Youtube for you. Let’s start!
Using online web service tools
This is a service selected by GhienCongListen and is extremely easy to use that only requires a YouTube link. It has two main advantages:
- Compatibility with most popular browsers
- Ability to choose to edit subtitles before downloading.
Here’s how to use it DVDVideoSoft To download YouTube subtitles follow these steps:
1. Copy (Paste) and paste (insert) link to video from YouTube using Ctrl DRAW
2. Click Download and wait for the process to complete
3. Use the Preview at the bottom to check the received text
4. Change the appropriate language and Time subtitles
To change the language to suit your purpose, click on the corresponding icon below by selecting Language then find and select the language you want. Besides, there is the interval part (Interval), which allows you to get subtitles of a specific time period in the video. Please note that for a single download, you can only set a time period
5. Override timestamp settings, if necessary
There are 3 options available: remove timestamps (no timestamps), ugly original timestamps (show all timestamps for all terms), show custom timestamps only (show only timestamp at a specified interval, e.g. every 2 minutes).
6. Choose a method for subtitles
DVDVideoSoft has 3 ways to get subtitles and helps you to copy formatted text to clipboard, download in TXT format and download in SRT format. To choose one of them, use the gray buttons at the bottom of the page.
SaveSubs is a famous online service to download subtitles on Youtube. However, this service does not have custom subtitles. So the timestamp will appear in the final file. The main advantage is the ability to download subtitle translations (Google Translate) in just a few clicks. Here’s how SaveSubs works:
1. Insert the YouTube video URL in the destination field. Then click Extract & Download (Extract & Download)
2. Scroll down and download the subtitles in the format of your choice (SRT or TXT) using the Download Now button.
3. If you also want to get subtitle translation, select the desired language and click Translate & Download in the translation tool
Use special software
If you want a tool to download subtitles from Youtube pre-installed on your desktop or laptop for easy use later, then VideoProc is one of the best choices offered by GhienCongList. This is a powerful video converter and editing app with lots of features, but let’s get into the topic. So it can extract subtitle files (.srt or .ass) from videos with subtitles. Note that it can only do this for videos on the hard drive, not YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook clips. Therefore, download the video first. You just need to do the following steps:
1. Download VideoProc for Windows or Mac, install and activate it. Launch it
2. Go to YouTube Downloader and Add Video. VideoProc will analyze the video information after a few seconds. Select the subtitle language and click Done to download the video
3. Select the Video tab > upload your video > then double-click Export Subtitle in the toolbox at the bottom (Rotate, Trim, GIF, etc.).
4. Select the subtitle format (Format) and click Run (blue circle button in the bottom right corner). Now that you see a file in a folder on your computer, you can use it as you please.
Considered an alternative solution, along with dozens of similar programs such as: “VLC, SubDownloader, DVDVideoSoft, …”. Google2SRT is a free utility that has quite a lot of functions, despite the fact that it is still in beta, don’t be sad because I have heard that there is information by the end of this year will put it into operation with the new version. full. In addition to URLs, it also recognizes XML lists. It has 11 interface languages and an automatic translation feature. Unfortunately, the source file is only available in SRT format. So to download subtitles do the following:
1. Download the application using this link and install the program. If it shows JRE error message, download and install Java
2. Launch Google2SRT, paste the URL in the Google Subtitles field and press Read
3. Click Browse to select a folder to save the folder paths. In the table with detected subtitles, toggle the ones you want and click Go!
4. Open the selected folder to find the subtitle file. What are you waiting for, let’s see your results!
Download YouTube subtitles manually
Use the YouTube (Transcript) feature. We can see YouTube itself, there is a way to get text subtitles directly on the page of a certain video. It makes it easy to access the secondary source, but it’s a bit difficult to copy the text. So here’s what I’m going to show you to do:
1. On the page with the video, click the button for advanced options. It’s in a row of extra buttons below the video and looks like three horizontal dots.
2. Click Open Transcript to open a special window with subtitles on the right
3. Click the option button at the top to turn the timestamp ON or OFF and change the language (if needed) in the lower left part of the window
4. Select all text in the transcription window, as in a plain text document (left click)
5. Copy them and paste them onto a .Doc or .Ptx file, etc. to view or save the subtitle text.
Tool Of Chrome
Use Chrome developer tools. This method should only be used if all previous methods have failed. It allows you to get text subtitles, but with more time and effort than other methods. Also note that for accurate results it’s best to open the video in a new tab.
1. In Google Chrome, on the video page, press F12 to open the developer tools.
2. Select the tab and click to enable subtitles (“CC”) (I pointed at the beginning of the article)
3. In the table, find the row name starting with “timedtext” and click on it to display the hierarchy of subtitle elements.
4. Then in the element hierarchy, open the Events section and select the item “0” and there select “segs” where the entry “0” and click the down icon. This will be the first line of the subtitle, copy it into a separate text document
5. To get the next line, repeat step 4, changing only the extra digit to the next digit (0, 1, 2…).
These are the three basic ways to help you download subtitles from YouTube. Now give it a try, if you have any questions, please send me a comment below. Please share and like for me if you find the article useful and wish you success!
According to Tipsmake.com
Source: Share 3 super simple ways to download subtitles on YouTube