You have finished installing Windows 10, but your computer is running slow. Don’t worry, with the way increase computer speed windows 10 that TechtipsNReview.com is about to share below will help you solve this problem! Stay tuned!
1. Turn off System Restore
– If you do not want to use the System Restore function, you should turn it off, to free up memory, storage space as well as limit the services running in the background of Windows 10.
– To turn off System Restore on laptop Using Windows 10, you perform the following steps:
Step 1: You go to the keyword search toolbar Advanced system settings.
Step 2: Then you select tab System Protectionin the default mode this mode is enabled (Protection = On).
Step 3: Press the button Configurethe next window will appear, choose Disable system protection to turn off the System Restore function
Step 4: Finally, you press OK to complete.
2. Speed up Windows 10 computer by turning off background apps
– Background applications are a common cause of your computer becoming slow.
– Applications you do not use but still silently work to update data, display notifications, …
– You can turn off background apps by:
Step 1: You open Setting then choose Privacy.
Step 2: You choose Background apps then click the button On/Off at line Let apps run in the background to disable all background apps or select individual apps that can run in the background according to your needs.
3. Power options: High performance
– Windows allows you to choose the power source that suits your needs.
– If you are plugged in, the “High Performance” option will make the computer run faster (Consumes more power than the “Battery Saver” mode).
– To open power options
Step 1: You click on the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
Step 2: You click “Best performance” to use the power source with high performance.
4. Turn off Windows Defender
– With Windows 10, you can increase computer speed windows 10 by temporarily disabling Windows Defender temporarily.
However, only after a while it will work again.
To temporarily disable Windows Defender in Settings, follow these steps:
Step 1: In the system tray, double-click the . icon Windows Defender or right click select Open
Step 2: The Windows Defender Security Center interface opens, click on the item Virus & threat protection
Step 3: Next, you click on the option Virus & threat protection settings
Step 4: Switch the option state Real-time protection luxurious OFF.
5. Check Startup Programs
– These startup programs will start with your computer.
– Turn off unnecessary applications to make your device start up faster.
To turn off programs, follow these steps:
Step 1: You right-click on the Taskbar and select Task manager
Step 2: Then you select tab Startup.
Step 3: You right click on the application you do not want to start with Windows and then select Disable so that they are not activated.
See more: Causes of computer loss of sound and how to fix it
6. Increase computer startup speed
– You can speed up windows 10 computer by increasing computer startup speed by resetting BOOT time.
In computing, booting is the process of loading or bootstrapping to start the operating system when the user turns on a computer system.
– Implementation Guide:
Step 1: You type the keyword “System Configuration” go to the Windows search bar and select System Configuration.
Step 2: You open the card Bootin the Timeout box enter “3” then you choose Advanced options…
Step 3: At o Number of processors (Declare the number of CPU cores that can run), you choose “4”
Step 4: Finally, you press 2 times in a row OK to complete.
7. Turn off unused services running in the background
Step 1: You right click on the icon This PC then choose Manage.
Step 2: You choose Services and Applications then choose Services.
Step 3: Select the service you want to disable, right-click, select Properties
Step 4: In the Startup type line, click the drop-down arrow and select Disabled. Then you press OK to complete.
8. Upgrade, replace regular HDD with SSD drive
– Nowadays, hard drive technology has changed a lot, with a relatively soft price compared to before, but you can still use the latest SSD line with a much better storage capacity than before to speed up your computer. Windows 10 calculator.
– Data access speed is much faster than HDD, so Windows 10 on your computer also feels much faster.
9. Disk Defragmentation (HDD)
– Disk fragmentation can lead to jerky, lag, slow computer performance and significantly reduce computer performance.
– Defragment the drive:
Step 1: Right-click on the drive you want to defrag and select Properties
Step 2: Here, you choose the card Tools then choose Optimize.
Step 3: Select the drive you want to defrag and then select Analyzewait for the system to check (The result shows that the C drive has a fragmentation rate of 2%)
Step 4: Finally, you choose Optimize to perform the defrag and wait until it’s done.
– Do not perform defragmentation on SSD because this is unnecessary, reducing the life of the hard drive.
10. Turn off graphic effects, transparent icons on Windows 10
– The graphic effect is a pretty drastic change from the time of Windows XP and above, it’s good for a well-configured computer, very beautiful, but for normal and weak machines, it’s a torture. .
– To speed up Windows 10 computer by disabling effects, follow these steps:
Step 1: On Windows 10, right-click on the Desktop background and select Personalize
Step 2: You choose to go to Colors. Turn off all options Transparency effectsand uncheck the boxes for Start, taskbar, and action center and Title bars
11. Increase network speed
– Network speed is also a factor that directly affects the performance of Windows.
– You can improve network speed by:
+ Change bandwidth limit:
Step 1: You press the key combination Windows + CHEAP to appear the dialog box Run then you enter the line “gpedit.msc“, choose OK.
Step 2: You choose Administrative Templateschoose Network.
Step 3: Continue to choose QoS Packet Scheduler.
Step 4: You choose Limit reservavle bandwidthtick Enabled
Step 5: In the box Bandwidth limit (%), you enter “0” then Select Apply. Press OK to complete..
+ Change DNS Server address
Step 1: You open Control Panelchoose Network and Sharing Center
Step 2: You choose Change adapter settings then right click on the . icon Ethernet or Wifi you are using, select Properties.
Step 3: Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then choose Properties
Step 4: Here you enter the DNS server address as shown below and press OK to complete.
12. Turn off the firewall – Windows Firewall
– Firewall feature on personal computers is almost … no one uses it, so turn it off to speed up your Windows 10 computer.
– Implementation Guide:
Step 1: You open Control Panel then press Windows Firewall.
Step 2: In the setting Turn Windows Firewall on or offyou choose Turn Offthen press OK.
13. Disable Cortana virtual assistant
– Cortana virtual assistant helps you to command the computer by voice (Must use English).
– If you feel Cortana is not useful to you, you can turn it off to save more computer resources.
– Instructions to disable Cortana virtual assistant:
Step 1: You press the key combination Windows + CHEAP to appear the Run dialog box and then enter the line “gpedit.msc“, then select OK.
Step 2: You choose Administrative Templates then choose next Windows Components
Step 3: Choose Search and choose Allow Cortana.
Step 4: Tick Disabledchoose Apply and press OK to complete.
14. Fix errors on the system
– Troubleshoot function on Windows 10 helps you detect and fix common errors such as network connection errors, sound errors, printer errors, …
– Instructions on how to speed up Windows 10 laptop by fixing system errors:
Step 1: You open Setting then choose Update & Security
Step 2: You continue to choose Troubleshoot and then select the component you want to fix.
Step 3: You press Run the troubleshooter to complete.
15. Update your computer’s driver to the latest version
– The new driver version will fix the errors of the old version and improve performance.
– How to update drivers to speed up Windows 10 computers as follows:
Step 1: You right click on the icon This PCchoose Manage
Step 2: You choose Device Manager then select the name of the driver you want to update
Step 3: You right-click and select Update driverschoose Search automatically for updated driver software.
16. Turn off sound effects
– You don’t like the system sounds or applications that keep on making you lose focus.
– Turn off sound effects easily by:
Step 1: You open Control Panelchoose Sound to open the Sounds . tab
Step 2: Below the line Sound Schemeclick the drop-down arrow and select No Sounds
Step 3: Press OK to complete.
17. Turn off Windows 10’s ads
– Turn off ads on lock screen
Step 1: You open Setting then choose Personalization.
Step 2: You choose Lock screen to Change the status to Off at line Get fun facts, tips, tricks and more on your lock screen.
– Turn off ads on Start Menu
Step 1: You open Setting then choose Personalization
Step 2: You choose Start: At line Show suggestions occasionally in Startchange the state to Off.
18. Remove redundant Windows apps and features
– There are some applications that are installed by Windows by default. You can delete them to free up space for other apps to work better and speed up your Windows 10 computer.
– Uninstall these apps and features by:
Step 1: You open Setting then choose Apps
Step 2: Section Apps & featuresselect the application you want to remove and then select Uninstall.
19. Turn off visual effects
– Sharp visual effects will make you more eye-catching when using, but this is also a reason why your computer works slower.
– How to turn off visual effects:
Step 1: You open Control Panelchoose System then choose Advanced system settings.
Step 2: Section Advanced, select Settings.
Step 3: In the card Visual Effectschoose Adjust for best performance (You can choose Custom to enable/disable the visual effects of the elements to your liking.)
– Your device will operate quite quickly when you choose Adjust for best performance mode.
– However, the displayed content will be quite blurry, potentially harmful to the eyes if you often work with this mode.
So the above article has guided you how to increase computer speed windows 10, helping you work more efficiently. Good luck!
Source: Summary of 15+ effective ways to speed up Windows 10 computers