With AirDrop, you can easily transfer any file, photo or video from your iPhone and Mac. You can also use AirDrop to share files with your friends and family, as long as they have an Apple device and are within range. The following article by GhienCongListen will guide you how to enable AirDrop and how to use it to transfer files between Apple devices effectively.
How to enable AirDrop on iPhone
To enable AirDrop on iPhone, open Control Center by swiping up on older models or swiping down from the top right corner on iPhone X and later. Then touch and hold the Wi-Fi button, select AirDrop, and choose who can send files to your iPhone.
Follow the instructions on how to enable AirDrop on iPhone as follows:
1. Open Control Center on your iPhone. You can do this by swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen on iPhone X or later models. If you have an older iPhone, you can open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
2. Then touch and hold the Wi-Fi button. You should see the Wi-Fi signal look like three curves in a blue circle in the upper left corner of the screen.
Note: From here, you can see if your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled. Otherwise, you can enable both from here by tapping their respective icons.
3. Next, tap on AirDrop.
4. Finally, choose who can send files to your device.
If you choose Contact Only (contacts only), you will only receive files from people in your contact list. If you choose Everyone (everyone), any Apple device in range can transfer files to your device. You can turn off AirDrop at any time by selecting Receiving Off (turn off receive).
Note: If you only see Receiving Off and can’t change it, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions (Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Limits). Then choose Allow apps (Allowed apps) and tap the slider next to AirDrop. You’ll know it’s activated if it’s green.
How to enable AirDrop on Macbook
To enable AirDrop on your Mac, right-click anywhere on your desktop. Then click Go at the top of your screen and select AirDrop from the drop-down menu. Finally, click Allow me to be discovered by at the bottom of the pop-up window and choose who can send the file to your Mac.
Note: To use AirDrop, your Mac needs to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. To do this, click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and select System Preferences (System Preferences). Then choose Bluetooth > Turn Bluetooth On and Network > WIFI > Turn Wi-Fi On (Bluetooth > Turn on Bluetooth and Network > Wi-Fi > Turn on Wi-Fi).
How to enable AirDrop on macOS as follows:
first. Right-click anywhere on your Mac desktop. Alternatively, you can also open a Finder window on your Mac.
2. Then click Go in the Apple Menu Bar. You should see this at the top of the screen.
3. Next, select AirDrop. You can also press the . keys at the same time Command + Shift + CHEAP on the keyboard to skip to the previous step.
4. Then click Allow me to be discovered by. You’ll see this at the bottom of the pop-up.
5. Finally, choose who can send files to your device. If you choose Contact Only (Contacts only), you will only receive files from people in your contact list. If you choose Everyone (Everyone), any Apple device in range can transfer files to your device using AirDrop. You can turn off AirDrop at any time by selecting Receiving Off (Receive off).
How to use AirDrop between devices
AirDrop is a great file transfer tool for devices in the Apple ecosystem. Here’s how to use AirDrop between devices.
How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac
To use AirDrop to transfer files from iPhone to another Mac, open the file you want to share on your iPhone. Then tap the . button Share (Share) and select AirDrop. Finally, select the device you want to send the file to.
first. Open a file on iPhone that you want to AirDrop. For example, if you want to share a photo, you can open the app Photos (Photo) or app Camera (Camera).
2. Then click the Share button (Share). This is an icon that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. You can find this icon in different parts of the screen, depending on what you’re trying to share. You can also find it by tapping and holding text, images, etc.
3. Next, press the AirDrop button.
4. Then select the device you want to send the file to. If the recipient is in your contact list, you’ll see their name and photo next to their device. Otherwise, you’ll just see a gray circle with the owner’s initials underneath.
5. Finally, the files will be sent to the Downloads folder on your Mac.
Note: Depending on who you’re sending the file to, they may have to confirm AirDrop by tapping or clicking the button. Accept (Accept) in the pop-up message that appears on the sent device.
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone
To use AirDrop to transfer files from Mac to iPhone, open a window Finder and select a file or folder. Then click the . icon Share (Share) at the top of the Finder window and select AirDrop. Finally, select the device you want to send the file to.
1. Select a file on your Mac that you want to AirDrop.
2. Then click the Share button at the top of the Finder window. This is the icon with the arrow pointing up out of the box. If this is greyed out, make sure to select the file you want to AirDrop.
3. Next, select AirDrop.
4. Finally, double click the iPhone recipient from the list. If you are sharing a photo or video, it will be sent to the app Photos (Photo) on iPhone.
Some common problems when enabling AirDrop
Most Apple devices already have the AirDrop feature, however, it can sometimes crash. When AirDrop isn’t working properly, try the troubleshooting techniques below.
iPhone not receiving AirDrop from other iPhone
If you have followed the steps to turn on AirDrop on your iPhone but still have no signs of recognition, try the following instructions:
First, make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on. To do that, open the app Settings (Settings) on your device. Click Bluetooth and make sure the button is green
Otherwise, swipe the button to the right. If you see a prompt Allow New Connections (Allow new connections), tap it to allow your device to connect to new devices.
Next, make sure AirDrop is turned on. App Settings (Settings), select General (General), then tap AirDrop. You can then choose if you want AirDrop to be available to everyone in range or only people in your contact list.
Please choose Everyone (Everyone) to see if that quickly solves the problem. You also need to try disabling and re-enabling AirDrop to reconnect, select Receiving Off (Receive off).
Finally, make sure the device you want to AirDrop on is also on Everyone (Everybody). If your two devices are far apart, bring them closer in case they are out of AirDrop range.
Macbook does not accept AirDrop iPhone
Even if you have followed the steps to enable AirDrop above, but it still doesn’t work, you can try following these instructions:
You may need to change your AirDrop settings to allow your device to be discoverable. Open the app Finder from your Mac’s menu bar or search for it using Spotlight. In Finder, select AirDrop at the top of the sidebar menu on the left. At the bottom of the AirDrop page, select the drop-down menu next to Allow me to be discovered by and changed to Everyone (Everybody).
If that doesn’t work, use the menu bar at the top of your screen and select the Wi-Fi icon. Make sure it’s turned on and you’re connected to the network. Next, do the same for Bluetooth. You can also try turning both off and on again to try to reconnect.
You should also check that your firewall settings allow new connections. Open the app System Preferences (System Preferences) on your Mac and select Security & Privacy (Security & Privacy). On the Security & Privacy page, click the padlock icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and enter your password or use your Touch ID.
On the tab Firewall (Firewall), you can press Turn Off Firewall (Disable Firewall) or press Firewall Options (Firewall preferences) and in the pop-up, uncheck settings Block all incoming connections (Block all incoming connections), then press OK.
AirDrop not receiving the video
If you happen to have an error that AirDrop is not receiving videos, check whether the device is using Wi-Fi or mobile data on your iPhone. Depending on the size of the video, we recommend using Wi-Fi instead of mobile data when sending videos as your mobile service provider may have data sharing limits.
Be sure to wait until AirDrop notifies you that sending and receiving the video file is complete.
Also, are you using iCloud Photos on your iPhone? If you’re using iCloud Photos to store your photos and videos, you can check your iCloud storage space, as Apple usually only gives users 5GB of free iCloud storage.
If iCloud storage is full, you need to turn off iCloud backup for apps Photos (Image). The photos and videos will then be saved directly on the device’s memory, then you may receive the video.
AirDrop error on iOS 14
Each new iOS update will have potential bugs or system errors for your device. If you get AirDrop error after applying all of the above AirDrop usage, please wait for the new update and update the software for your device, maybe the new update will fix the problem that still exists on your device. your device.
So through the above article, you have been guided on how to enable AirDrop for your Apple devices. AirDrop is a very handy file transfer tool for Apple ecosystem devices, so use it if you need to transfer files between devices.
If you find this article on how to turn on AirDrop useful, please Like & Share so that GhienCongListen continues to publish more quality articles.
Source: How to enable AirDrop on iPhone, iPad and Mac computer you already know