In the content of this article, GhienCongListen will suggest you how to create a group on facebook. Let’s consult and choose the right way for the device you are using.
Instructions on how to create a group on Facebook using a computer
Here are the first setup steps to create a group on Facebook. Then comes the steps
- Visit Facebook.com at www.facebook.com and log in to your account.
- Click the + icon next to the avatar in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the menu that appears select Group.
- Fill in information like Group name, Privacy, Hide groups (or not) and Invite friends (optional). Then click Create.
At this point you have completed the basic steps to create a group on Facebook. You can continue to the next steps to perfect the group.
How to create a group on Facebook by phone
With just a few simple steps, you can create yourself a group on Facebook. Follow the instructions below:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone and log in to the account you want to create a group on Facebook.
- Click the menu icon with three dashes in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click Group.
- Swipe the top menu to the left, tap Create.
- Name the group and choose privacy. Before choosing, learn about privacy on the Facebook group below.
- Invite members (optional).
- Add cover photo. You can choose a default image or upload an image.
- Add a description for your group. Let the members understand the goal of the group when joining.
- You can post the first post in the group or you can skip it.
- You have successfully created a group on Facebook with your phone. Please continue to edit to complete the information on the group.
Customize Facebook groups
Facebook group privacy
- Public: anyone can view group posts and group member information.
- Private: only members can see the content of group posts and member information.
To choose the right privacy, you need to consider the topic and purpose of the group. For example, create a group for a relatively neutral topic such as learning a skill, sharing an interest, hunting news, etc. You should make the group public to attract as many people as possible. In contrast, with relatively sensitive and controversial topics, you should keep the group private. Hiding groups is the best way to keep group members’ privacy and information secure.
Facebook group description
After creating the group and setting the privacy successfully. You can add adjustments to the group description, cover photo, and choose a group type to give participants a better understanding of the group’s purpose. To do this, you can follow these steps:
- Click the pen icon in the bottom right corner of the cover photo to replace it with a new cover photo.
- Select Setting from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- In the section Group setting, select the pen icon next to the name and description. Enter a group description and press Save.
- From the Settings page, scroll down to find More featuresselect the pen icon next to Group Type. Select the appropriate group type and press Save.
Roles in groups on Facebook
As the group creator, you have admin rights by default. You can assign admin and moderator rights to many other people. Admins can designate other members as admins or moderators, remove permissions, manage group settings, approve or deny membership requests and posts, delete posts and comments , remove and block people from the group, etc.
Moderators can do everything an admin can do except delegating other members as admins or moderators, or removing them from those roles. Moderators also cannot manage settings, including changing the cover photo, renaming the group, or changing privacy settings.
In addition, in the event a group member reports an individual’s misconduct in the group. The admin will have the right to remove that person from the group.
Above are the basic operations on creating groups on Facebook. GhienCongListen hope you already know how to create a group on Facebook through this article. Don’t forget to Like & Share to support GhienCongListen to continue sharing more useful and interesting information.
Source: This is how to group good brothers on Facebook