If you save your Excel file in the 97-2003 format (.xls instead of the new .xlsx format), users who do not have Excel 2007 or later installed on their computers will still be able to open your Excel file.
|Join the channel Telegram belong to AnonyViet 👉 Link 👈|
Lesson 30: How to save Excel files in 97-2003 . format
1. First, open the workbook.
2. Go to the File tab and click Save As.
3. Next select Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls).
4. Click Save.
To automatically save your Excel files in 97-2003 format, perform the following steps.
5. Go to the File tab, press Options.
6. In the left menu, click Save and select Excel 97-2003 Workbook.
Note: Excel will always give you a warning if the features you use are not supported in the 97-2003 format, so you can save the file in the new .xlsx format (Excel Workbook).
In addition, you can also see many other excel articles here.
Source: Lesson 30: How to save Excel files in 97-2003 format