The message “This plugin is not supported” appears when you are accessing a certain website, which means that Google Chrome is not supporting the video format or media content that the website is using. GhienCongListen tell you 5 super easy ways to fix this plugin is not supported right here.
Some browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox no longer support the NPAPI plugin. So if your site is using NPAPI for video, this plugin is not supported error will appear. Since 2015, Google has accepted HTML5 for Chrome browser and this is why Active-X, Java or Silverlight plugins have been ignored.
5 ways to fix this plugin is not supported
Method 1: Enable and update Flash Player on Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and go here.
2. Find and click Flash in the list.
3. Below Flash accept line selection Enable the toggle for Flash. Once activated, you will see the line Ask first (recommended) marked checked.
4. Close Google Chrome, restart it and go to check the website that failed before.
5. After completing the above steps, the website may not have the above error anymore. If the error still persists, you just need to update to the latest version for Flash Player.
6. Open Chrome browser to the page Adobe Flash Player.
7. Download the latest version of Flash Player and install it on your computer.
Method 2: Clear browsing history on Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser and press Ctrl + H to open browsing history.
2. The left side of the dialog box select Clear browsing data.
3. Select the time period for which you want to clear the history. If you want to clean up the entire history, click on the option All time.
Note: You also have other options such as 1 hour, 24 hours, the last 7 days.
4. Also click on the following items:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
5. Click Clear data to start clearing history and wait for the process to complete.
6. Close the browser and restart the computer.
Method 3: Update Google Chrome
To check if a newer updated version is available, follow these steps:
Note: you should save important tabs before updating to Chrome.
1. Open Google Chrome by searching in the search bar or clicking the Chrome icon on the taskbar or on the desktop.
2. Click the 3-dot icon in the top right corner.
3. Click Help from the list.
4. Select About Google Chrome.
5. If a new updated version is available, Chrome will automatically update.
6. Once the versions have been downloaded, simply click on the . button Relaunch to reopen the browser.
7. Chrome will automatically reopen. Please check again if the plugin is not supported error on the site you want to visit is gone.
Method 4: Add NoPlugin extension for Chrome
Utilities NoPlugins allows you to run media content without plugins (Flash, Java and ActiveX)
1. Open Google Chrome and go to This.
2. Click Add to Chrome.
3. After successful installation, restart the browser.
4. Re-visit the error website and check if the error has been successfully fixed.
Method 5: Add IE Extension to Chrome
Some websites that you visit using Internet Explorer will not have problems not supporting plugins (Java, ActiveX, Silverlight, etc.) like Chrome. Everything is easier now when you can use IE Tab on the Chrome browser itself with these simple steps.
1. Start Google Chrome and then go to link.
2. Click the box Add to Chrome next to utility IE Tab.
3. After completing the installation, restart your browser.
4. Revisit the website where the error occurred, then click the e-shaped icon in the toolbar.
5. If you want to frequently use IE Tab for some specific web pages, right click and select Options.
6. Scroll down until you find the command Auto URLs sectionenter the website address that you want Chrome to automatically redirect and then select Add and restart Chrome to save changes.
Above are some ways to fix this plugin is not supported on Chrome browser. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Please Like & Share GhienCongList’s article if you find it useful. Thanks for watching.
Refer to techcult.com
Source: Summary of how to fix this plugin is not supported on Chrome